Papillion Days Duathlon
2 Mile Run / 11.6 Mile Bike / 2 Mile Run
2014 Race - Sunday, June 15
The 13th Annual Papillion Days Duathlon will begin at 8:00 am for all ages and teams. There will be a pre race meeting at 7:45 am at the starting line. Start and finish will be in the west parking lot of Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation Area near the boat ramp.
In an effort to reduce the amount of motor vehicle and bicycle interaction, it will be necessary to close or limit traffic around Walnut Creek.
$60.00....Individual Late Registration (5/16-6/10)
$90.00....Team Late Registration (5/16-6/10)
- Two people make up a team (one runner and one cyclist).
- All taxes included.
Registration - Limited to the first 250 racers.
All participants will receive and event Shirt. Entry must be received by May 15th. Size and availability may be limited after this date.
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
Packet Pick-Up / Check In
Saturday, June 14th
Location and Time TBA
All participants must show ID when picking up their packet. If you are unable to pick up your packet and plan to have someone else pick it up for you, then you must fill out a proxy form and that person must bring it to packet pick up. No one will be allowed to pick up packets without ID or a proxy form. Please click here for a packet pickup proxy form.
Day of Race Check In
Check in will start at 6:00 am on the day the race. All participants must check-in at the large shelter near the transition area on the west side on the lake no later than 7:30 am. Timing chips will be handed out at this time.
All participants in the Papillion Days Duathlon must show ID when picking up their packet.
Click here for information on how to volunteer for this race.
Description / Maps
The Duathlon will begin in the west parking lot of Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation Area near the boat ramp and finish nearby on the walking trail. The Duathlon begins with a 2-mile picturesque run on a hard surfaced trail system around the lake. The second leg of the race is a 11.6-mile bike ride on parts of the hard surface trail and scenic highways around Walnut Creek and Papillion-La Vista South High School. Lastly, a 2-mile run on the same trail as the first leg completes the Duathlon.
Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation Area will be closed from 6:00-11:00 am to the public for this race. Aid stations will be at the turn-a-round on the run and in the transition area. Water, Powerade and ice will be provided at each station.
Age Divisions for individuals are: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70 & up. Team Divisions are: male, female and coed. Two people make up a team (one runner and one cyclist).
Please note: Maps may take a minute or two to download depending on your connection speed.
- Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, police officers and City of Papillion employees throughout the duration of the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation.
- The event bib number is to be worn as issued and attached to clothing on the front of the body. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the Papillion Days Duathlon without a bib number.
- The use of music players, video devices, cell phones, computers, cameras or any similar devices by participants while in the event is not recommended.
- Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted on the Papillion Days Duathlon course.
- Bike helmets are required to compete. NO EXCEPTIONS. No drafting is allowed on the bike course.
- Participants must begin the event at the official start time.
- Participants must wear the timing chip as provided.
- The Papillion Days Duathlon course will remain open until 11:00 am. At 11:00 am the event is concluded and traffic control ceases and aid stations will close.
All participants will receive a commemorative Technical Shirt at check-in. Special awards will be given to the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70 & up as well as the top 3 teams in the following categories: male, female and coed. Two people make up a team, one runner and one cyclist. The top overall male and female winners will receive a special award following the race.
Food and beverages will be provided for the racers at the finish line.
Timing / Results
Timing will be provided by Precision Race Results. Race results will be posted at onlineraceresults.com.
Pictures by Jeremy Alm | Photographer