Papillion Extreme 5K
Are you extreme enough?
2014 Race is Canceled as of 8/13/14
The 3rd Annual Papillion Extreme 5K will start and finish will be at Sumtur Amphitheater in Walnut Creek Lake & Recreation Area. This race will feature 12 or more obstacles with challenges such as the Sand Bag Carry, Lake Crossing, Mud Mayhem and more. The finish will feature a Slip & Slide into a muddy pit.
Extreme 5K Race will be a timed race event and all participants will be required to complete/attempt all obstacles on the course. Each starting time will be limited to 200 racers each. Starting times: 1:00pm, 1:20pm, 1:40pm, later time slots of 2:00, 2:20 and 2:40 will be opened as needed.
An after party will be held at Sumtur Amphitheater and will feature a live band and beverages for the finishers. Outdoor shower stations will be available after the race along with heated changing rooms for all racers to get cleaned up and changed so you can enjoy the after party in comfort. It may be a little chilly out so participants are encouraged to bring and extra set of clothes. YOU WILL BE GETTING WET AND DIRTY in the race, so be prepared.
Spectators are welcome to come and encourage/cheer for the participants and also welcomed to stick around for the after party at Sumtur. Drinks and food will be available to purchase. Participants must have a wristband to receive or purchase any alcohol after the race.
Age Participation - Open to ages 10 & Up
- Participants ages 10-13 racing in the Extreme 5K must run with a parent or adult and the parent/adult must stay with their child at all times. Ages 14 and up can do the race on their own.
- Sumtur Amphitheater has limited parking. Overflow parking will be at Papillion-LaVista South High School just north of the Amphitheater off 108th street. Participants can be dropped off at the Amphitheater in the designated drop off zone. Cars may enter in the south entrance of the Amphitheater and exit out the north entrance.
Schedule of Events
- 12:00 PM - Gates open and check in begins.
- 1:00 PM Start Time - Check in by 12:30
- 1:20 PM Start Time - Check in by 12:50
- 1:40 PM Start Time - Check in by 1:10
- 5:30 PM - Event Concludes
$45.00....Extreme 5K Individual (1/1-8/27)
$60.00....Extreme 5K Individual Late Registration (8/28-9/23)
- All taxes included.
Limited to 200 racers in each time slot, 1200 total.
Registration opens January 1, 2014 and closes on September 23rd.
All participants will receive an long sleeve event t-shirt. Entry must be received by August 27th. Size and availability may be limited after this date.
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
Waiver and Release of Liability
All participants in the Papillion Extreme 5K must sign a waiver and release of liability prior to packet pick-up. For participants under 18 years of age on race day, a parent or guardian must be present at packet pick-up to sign a waiver and release. You may print a copy and turn it in at packet pick up, please click here to download the waiver.
No participant will be allowed to pick up their packet without a completed waiver.
Packet Pick-Up / Check In
Friday, September 26th
Location and Time TBA
All participants must show a valid photo ID and sign a waiver when picking up their packet. If you are unable to pick up your packet and plan to have someone else pick it up for you, then you must fill out a proxy form and that person must bring it to packet pick up. No one will be allowed to pick up packets without ID or a proxy form. Please click here for a packet pickup proxy form.All participants in the Papillion Extreme 5K must show ID when picking up their packet.
If you are unable to pick up your packet on Friday, you may pick it up on Saturday at Sumtur prior to the race beginning at 12:00 pm. All participants must check-in no later than a half hour before their starting time. Once you have picked up your packet, you are checked in. Those that check in on Friday, do not need to check in again on Saturday.
Click here for information on how to volunteer for this race.
Description / Maps
The Papillion Extreme 5K course will consist of hard surfaced trails, grass trails, gravel roads, water crossings and mud crossings. Races will begin in the parking lot of Sumtur Amphitheater and finish behind the amphitheater on a gravel parking area.
Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation Area will be closed all day to the public for this race. One aid station will be on the run. Water, Powerade and ice will be provided at this station.
Please note: Maps may take a minute or two to download depending on your connection speed.
CLICK HERE for more information about each 2014 obstacle!
- Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, police officers and City of Papillion employees throughout the duration of the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation.
- The use of music players, video devices, cell phones, computers, cameras or any similar devices by participants while in the event is not permitted.
- Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted on the course.
- Participants must begin the event at the official start time.
- Participants must wear the timing chip as provided.
All participants will receive a commemorative long sleeve T-Shirt at check-in. All finishers of the Extreme 5K race will receive a commemorative 20 oz. Papillion Extreme 5K mug.
Food and beverages will be provided for the racers at the finish line.
Timing / ResultsTiming will be provided by Precision Race Results. Race results will be posted at onlineraceresults.com.